Sunday, August 18, 2013

La Rumba Va Sola!

Week 1 with students is officially complete, and what better way to celebrate than with a long weekend (a "puente")?  I had a great and tiring week with my 20 new grade 3s.  I have a good feeling that this will be a challenging, but rewarding year.  The kiddies are adorable and are starting off the year with a positive attitude!  It was also so nice to have old students visit throughout the week to say hello.  Can you believe that the students from my first year here in Colombia are now in middle school?  They grow up so fast!

 Grade 3 homeroom teachers looking good on the first day of school

Welcome to 3D!

Coming back to Colombia has been an easy transition.  So far my adventures have taken me to fistball finals at the World Games, Mr. Wings (obviously), the market, and a sweet Chiva party for our friend Carlos.  I've done more painting and played more music to satisfy my artistic soul, and now I just need this cough to go away so I can sing my heart out!

 Fistball at the World Games.  Brazil vs. Austria

 Cow on Grapes!

Chiva fun! Dance party on a bus! And a crowded one at that!

An update on my goals for this year:
  • Staff teambuilding was a success!  I had a great team helping me out, and everyone seemed to have a good time while meeting new people
  • I think the triathlon in San Andres is out (too expensive!).  However, a sprint triathlon is still in my future and hopefully I will do one in the next 2 years
  • Writing every other day has not been happening, but I have been writing more! It's a good start
  • A new one: Make more music!
  • I am well on my way with everything else :)
I miss the friends who have left, I am happy to have the friends who are still here, and I am excited to get to know new friends better.  All in all, I am loving life and loving being back in Cali, Colombia.  Here's to another amazing year and new adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment