Braving the Storm
They say that when it rains, it pours
That bad luck comes in threes
And sometime bad news piles up
There's so much negativity
Well it seems that a storm has brewed
The monsoon has come and hit
You're hoping, praying for a break
To breathe for just a bit
You toss and turn, can't sleep at night
The tears- they come and go
And once you start to cry
It's hard to stop the flow
I'm here to tell you, dear
It will get better in time
I know it sounds cliché
As maybe does this rhyme
Yes it hurts, breaks your heart
Tears you up inside
Makes you want to scream with rage
Makes you want to hide
Remember, dear, you're not alone
And never will you be
You have love, belief, support
From friends and family
Day by day you will grow strong
Put the pieces back together
I will not lie, it will be hard
I repeat- It will get better
Find the love, choose to laugh
Put a smile on your face
Keep the memories in your heart
Though loved ones have left this place
Good old Nat once said to "Smile"
The Rascals say to "Stand"
I say live life with all your might
And if you need help, here's my hand.
The two songs I referenced in the last stanza are ones that I always listen to when I'm feeling down. "Smile" by Nat King Cole (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9wA-bOBHuA) and "Stand" by the Rascal Flatts (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Vzpjv_kR4). I definitely recommend them!
Love it! Thanks for sharing :-)
ReplyDelete