Thursday, July 25, 2013

Live, Laugh, Love

After a 2 year hiatus, I am back!  My old blog was meant to document my life in Colombia (and what a great job I did!  I've been there for 3 years and I wrote a total of 13 posts! Fail.)  This revived version will also do that, but will also be home to other random thoughts I have.  Hopefully.  The goal is one post a week as a part of my umbrella goal to write more (papers for my masters don't count!)

Here goes...

A quick update on life:

Work- I'm excited to be starting my fourth year teaching grade 3 down in Cali, Colombia!  Can you believe it? FOUR YEARS. That's the amount of time you spend in high school, or in your undergrad.  It's a long time. 

Family- My dad and brother are doing wonderful things.  Dad's a fitness ninja and Matt's successfully making way more money than me.  Mom is somewhere awesome in the universe watching me and thinking to herself, "Self- you raised an awesome daughter."

School- I will be finished my masters program in Organizational Leadership from Gonzaga University in December!  Here's to actually being able to save money come January.

Other- Loving life!  Grateful for awesome friends and family.  Feeling fit.  In love with L.A.  Single (but I just caught a bouquet at a wedding last week- bring on the boys!).  In transition.  Dreaming big.

Some goals for this school year...
  • Write at least every other day.  Blog once a week.
  • Run a successful teambuilding session with school staff in August
  • Implement a more structured leadership education curriculum in my classroom
  • Don't sweat the small stuff
  • Judge less. Love more.
  • Make art once a week
  • Be fit. Teach Zumba.
  • Learn to tap dance.  Dance more in general.
  • Complete a sprint triathlon April 2014
  • Cook more
  • Make my classroom more data driven
  • LIVE in the moment.  LAUGH with loved ones and at myself.  LOVE people.
There. I've written it. Feel free to hold me to any of these and push me to complete them!

Hasta pronto,
Sam

No comments:

Post a Comment