Sunday, August 1, 2010

Hola Cali!

After spending a blissful two days in Miami for orientation with the new staff of Colegio Bolivar, being wined and dined by the school administration, and lying out on the beach, I am now in Cali, Colombia!

Our view from the hotel room of the beach we spent many hours on in Miami.  The water was so clear and warm!

I am happy to say that I had no trouble at the airport, the flights were smooth, and I was in good company.  I got to fly to Miami with Tim Clutton which definitely helped to calm my nerves!

Tim and I arrive in Miami!

Right now we are staying at the Radisson in Cali and we spent all day house hunting!  The great thing about Bolivar is that they are letting us pick our own places and housemates!  Most schools have housing pre-arranged for you, but this way we got to tour the city and choose a place that we really liked!  I'll be living in the south part of Cali closer to the school in a beautiful apartment with another teacher named Rita (who is awesome!)

This is the new staff attempting a jumping picture when we finally arrive in Cali!  We failed...haha

The city is beautiful, and in the north end there is a district called San Antonio that is gorgeous!  The hilly roads remind me of San Francisco, but the houses and buildings are so cute!  I love that the city is surrounded by mountains, the view is breathtaking.  The weather was perfect this afternoon, sunny and warm with hardly any humidity.  It gets dark here early though, right now it is 6:30 and it's dark! 

The hilly streets of San Antonio

We finally get to see the school tomorrow morning which I'm very excited about!  I've heard so many great things and seen all the pictures, but I hear that they don't do justice to its beauty.  Can't wait!

xo Sam

1 comment: