The ladies on our city tour of Cali- (top left going clockwise: Lenee, Jennifer,
Me, Mandi)
So after browsing through my blog, I realized that I talk about dancing A LOT. Well that's not going to change, because I'm going to talk about dance some more! I started salsa classes this past Monday, and I am loving it! We are going to a place called El Manicero which is just a 20 minute Mio ride away (the Mio is the awesome, but overcrowded, transit system here). It's totally like the movies- a one room dance studio above some stores, large windows open to the streets, lots of locals, people of all ages and all levels. There are probably about 60 or 70 people in there at a time. We all do a warm up together, then split off into different levels. I haven't done partnering yet, but we'll be moving up to the next level soon according to our really cute instructor, Luis Angel (who Mandi got to dance with- JEALOUS).
Anyways, it's a rigorous 2 hour workout. But the music is intoxicating and the dancing is awesome! We are doing an intense package- 70 hours in just over 2 months (and it's only $50 USD!!! What a deal!). The classes are Monday- Thursday for 2 hours right after school, and I'm going to try to make most of them! I'M SO EXCITED. This past week has been great and I'm loving every minute!
But besides dancing...
SCHOOL.
I have now been an official teacher with my own classroom and real kids for a week and a half now! I have 17 students who are full of energy, curiosity, and smiles. I love them already. Their English is pretty good, and when they don't know words, they describe it to me in English or the class helps us figure it out. By doing this they are helping me learn some Spanish too! This first stretch has been tiring, but good! And I have such great support from my other Grade team coworkers.
My little reading nook and my outside bulletin board! I am class D of 3rd grade..ie 3D!
NIRVANA.
Last Saturday we went to a nature reserve a few hours north of here called Nirvana. It was absolutely beautiful and I saw so many plants and flowers that I had never seen or even
dreamed of before. The colours were captivating, the hike was exhiliarating,
the view was breathtaking (even through the fog from the mountains). A great experience!
Pretty flower, me in a tree, my housemate Rita and I in front of a waterfall, COOl butterfly!
No comments:
Post a Comment